Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's been awhile!




I know, I know...it's been a very long time! But to my defense I've been very busy and without a computer since Easter. Here's what we've been up to, only major life changing events!
Jordan graduated from school!! Finally we are no longer students! I'm so proud of him and all of the work he did. He is now offically Dr. Houseman.
After graduation Jordan and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas. It was AMAZING! It was so nice to have a few days to ourselves, we felt like newly weds again! The beaches were crystal clear and the food was awesome.
After the cruise Jordan packed up his bags and went to Georgia to start his new job working at the Upson Regional Medical Center which is attached to the hospital in Thomaston, Georgia. For the next 6 weeks I worked on packing up the apartment and getting things ready for the big move. That brings us to where we are now! We just bought our first home!! We live in Thomaston, its a little more than an hour south of Atlana and 45 minutes West of Macon. It's a small town but not too small. Our new house is 5 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths with a basement and a charming wrap around porch, all sitting on 5 1/2 acres!! We've only been here a week and we working on getting settled in. Jordan's friend from Ohio came to help and he's been an amazing help. It's been fun making the house our own but we still have a lot of unpacking to do. It's definately a change moving from palm trees and beaches to pastures and horses but I'm starting to love the peace and quite that we have. I can sit on the porch and just enjoy it. That's all I got for now. I'll post more pictures of our house after we get settled. And if anyone wants to come visit we finally have some extra space and would love guests!!!

Sorry the pictures are out of order, experiencing technical difficulties!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Congrats to BOTH of you!!! I love your new home...the porch is perfect. How nice to finally be done!