Friday, November 27, 2009

We are thankful for....


Our Family!


This is Jayla "helping me" Thanksgiving morning...she did get that spoon very clean!

Here's the turkey that Jordan and I made. I'm always proud when it actually turns out. Jordan did all the hard work pulling out the gross stuff inside and doing all the dirty work and heavy lifting. I just babysat it while he played football. We make a pretty good team!

This year we got together with all of the other PT families from our ward and had Thanksgiving dinner. We were worried there wouldn't be enough food but as you can tell from the picture it looks like enough for a ward party and we only had 8 families. The food was great and it was so fun getting to spend Thanksgiving with our friends, which is the next best thing when we can't get together with family. We are so lucky to have such good friends here while we go through school.

This year I'm not going to do any Black Friday shopping, which is probably why I'm doing this right now! Jordan has to be at his internship today and I've got most of the Christmas shopping done for the kids. I did get my shopping fix last night by going to CVS and getting a bagful of things for free. Since I've started couponing and deal hunting I'm hoping that this year's Christmas won't cost us that much. I would like to step away from the material stuff and get back to what Christmas is really about...our Family and the birth of our Savior.

Now it's time to start setting up then decorations and putting the tree up!
The Holidays have begun!!!



2 comments:

vicki said...

Great story and pictures...we are looking forward to seeing you soon...love you guys.

Tabitha said...

Love the family picture! It is way good!