Thursday, December 17, 2009

Family Pictures on the Beach

Happy Birthday to Jordan. It's his 9th Birthday today!!

We had to take Jordan's parents to the beach while they were here. And of course they needed pictures to brag to people that while it was 11 degrees in Ohio they were on the beach in Florida. Vicki was nice enough to snap a few family pictures of us. I love the pictures, only wished I'd planned ahead and actually got ready!





Gross I know, but I think it's cute!

I need to share a story, it's one of those if it can go wrong it will stories! Jordan's parents were able to fly out later in the evening on Monday so we went downtown to walk around and go to lunch. We printed out a restaurants.com gift card to a restaurant called Florida Cracker Cafe but after we got there the waitress told us that it was only for dinner. I said I would drive to the Library and print out another gift card while they shopped around. Well when I walked into the Library all of the public computers were down. So I went to a nearby hotel and acted like a guest and used their lobby computer. I planned ahead this time and printed out about 5 gift cards. When I got back downtown I realized I had left my cell phone at the hotel so I had to go back. When I finally got back we decided to go to Crab Grabber, but when we walked up it was closed down. We only had one gift card left downtown, it was at a Cafe. Jordan ran ahead to get us a table, but it had also closed down too!! By that time we were starving and everything downtown is expensive unless you have a coupon. So we decided to go to a place along the beach called Beachcomber. When we were getting out of the car a guy came up and asked us if we were with the golfers, no, well we are closed today to serve the golf tournament. By this time we just couldn't help but laugh. Ok we'll go the "world famous" Oasis. I know it's not closed down! As we pulled us there weren't alot of cars in the parking lot and then we noticed the sign that said closed for renovations. Are you kidding me?! We couldn't be mad, it was just crazy. The first restaurant wouldn't take the coupon, the next 2 were closed down and the next 2 were closed for the day. Now we are completely out of coupons and starving!! So we went to Mango Mango's which is always delicious! It's funny out sometimes things just aren't meant to be!

2 comments:

Heather Coon said...

what a bummer....you were determined though...and what luck you guys have! Mango Mangos is really good though, I have to agree!

Josh and Jillian said...

I love those beach pictures! I can't believe all those restaurants were closed! Tell Jordan congrats on his graduation. I am a little behind on everything lately.