Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our Baby Girl Is Finally Here!!





On April 29th at 2:13 am Taliyah Lynn Houseman was born!! She weighed in at 7lbs 10 ozs and a little over 20 inches. She is a happy healthy little girl. Jayla is being a good big sister. She sits next to her, kisses her and pats her on the head. Little Jordan was invited to spend the weekend with some friends. He got to hold Taliyah a few times at the hospital and at home. I think he's starting to feel alittle out numbered! He's going to be wearing a lot of crowns and makeup in the near future!!

Our Baby Story.........
I was supposed to be induced on Friday and we were just waiting around for that to happen. Since I was induced with Jayla I didn't think that I would go into labor on my own. On Wednesday around dinner time I started to feel some contractions. They weren't too bad and they weren't very regular. Little Jordan had a pack meeting and while we were there I continued to have contractions. They were about 10 minutes apart and didn't seem to get any closer together, so we still didn't know for sure if this was it. By the time we got home and put the kids in bed, I called my midwife and we decided to head to the hospital. The contractions still weren't very close together but they were starting to get a little more intense. When we got to the hospital I was dilated to 4 centimeters and they said we could stay, this was about 11:oo. They started me on an IV to get some fluids in me before they could give me an epidural. So alittle after 1 when that was done they checked me again and I was already at a 9!! They let me rest for awhile and then after about 20 minutes of pushing our baby girl came. It all went by so fast! We are so happy that we decided to go to the hospital instead of waiting it out. My midwife asked Jordan if he was going to help with the delivery, we were both thinking she meant cut the cord. Jordan actually did most of the delivery. My midwife did the head and Jordan got to deliver the rest of her body. I think he was as scared as I was! It was a great experience for him and I'm so happy that he was able to be involved. This delivery and recovery have been so much different than the last one. I think giant baby Jayla paved the way for her sister!! We are so happy and blessed to have our little girls!

5 comments:

Goates' Family said...

She is cute! I can't wait to hold her. Take it easy and call me for anything.

Katie said...

Yay! I've been waiting for this post! She is beautiful! Quite the baby story...so is Jordan switching majors now? ha, ha.

Josh and Jillian said...

Congrats! That is awesome that everything went so quick and smooth. Keep those pictures posted of her!

Tabitha said...

Congrats! That is the good thing about midwives! Ross got to deliver Paige too & it was really neat since we didn't know what we were having so he was the first to see! Can't wait to see her & glad everything went well!

Unknown said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!!! Congrats!