Monday, July 20, 2009

CVS Trip

More free school supplies this week! I got 2 binders, 2 packages of pen, 2 packages or filler paper, and 2 memo books. They were out of the pencils so I got a rain check, Jordan needs like 5 packages for school. I bought 2 speed sticks. I gave one to Katie, who went with me. She's learning how to CVS! I actually made a dollar from the deodorant because it was on sale for $3 and you got $2 extra bucks back but there was a coupon you could print for $1.50 off. That means I made .50 cents each! And then 8 packages of nuts. You can scan your CVS card at the price check machine and it prints coupons. One of the coupons I keep getting is $2 off 2 packages of nuts...well these are only $.99 each so that makes them free!
To wrap it up I went in with $10 extra bucks, spent around $.30 out of pocket (I just read you have to pay tax on extra bucks now!) bought everything above and I got back $11 in extra bucks!! Yay a profit of .70!

I also did something today and I've never done before....I bought coupons on eBay! I know what you are thinking, I'm starting to go crazy! I saw than the first week of August at CVS Electrasol is going to be on sale where when you spend $20 you get back $10 in extra bucks. Last week there was a $2.50 coupon in one of the newspaper inserts. In order to get them for free I needed 5 coupons. So I bought 10 off eBay for less than $2.It's illegal so sell coupons so you are basically paying for their service of clipping and sending the coupons to you. I can never find dishwashing detergent on a good sale so I guess I'm going to be stocking up! No more hand washing the dishes for me!!

Next week more school supplies and even tampons for free!! I look ahead at http://www.iheartcvs.com/ it's a great site and explains cvs and walgreens for newbies!

2 comments:

Nicolette said...

You dork! But I gotta admit, it is way too addicting!

Goates' Family said...

so not fair, i was going to get that stuff, but ran out of time and richard wouldn't go for me. I should have sent you with my list and money. good job though.