Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How to get the deals...

My target trip- saved over $50 and only spend $19 which is pretty good since the movie was $18 and I didn't have a coupon for it. And the physicians formula make up is normally $10 each....so how did I do it? COUPONS!!!

I've had a lot of my friends and family that don't live around me asking me how I get my deals. So I'll share some of my favorite websites and blogs. They do all the work for me. They go through the ads and do the coupon match ups. I just print or clip the coupon and make a list before I walk out the door. Planning is important. But using coupons doesn't that much work, just a few minutes of planning.

Tips:
-Target, Publix and other stores that have store coupons will accept a store and a manufacture coupon on the same item. This is a good way to get overage. For example the kids toothpaste that I bought in the picture was $1.50. I had a target coupon for $1 off and manufacture coupon for .75...so I made .25. I know not much but it adds up!
-When something is on sale for buy one get one free (bogo) You can use 2 coupons because you are still buying 2 products. Another good way to get overage!
-Some coupons don't have size limits so look for the smaller sizes. In the picture above I used coupons for the travel size st. ive's, arm and hammer tooth paste and the little first aid kits. These sizes are great to have when you travel and free is always good!!
-Use coupons on clearance items.
-Look for rebates..I bought the bandaids in the picture to submit for a rebate for the princess and the frog dvd, I used coupons on the bandaids and got them for free so that makes the rebate even better!
-Shop at CVS!! I never stepped foot in CVS a year ago until my friends taught me how to shop there. It takes a little learning but once you get the hang of it you will never pay for tooth paste, deodorant, body wash, shampoo...The way you do it is you find out what is on sale that week that gives you Extra Bucks. You buy that item and then use the Extra Bucks on your next purchase that gives you Extra Bucks. So the goal is to "roll" the extra bucks each week and spend very little out of pocket. Walgreens and Rite Aide also have similar programs but I just stick with CVS.

My Favorite Websites:
www.hip2save.com -She has some great videos that explain how to coupon at different stores
www.Iheartcvs.com
www.southernsavers.com
www.whosaidnothinginlifeisfree.com
www.swaggrabber.com
www.totallytarget.com

There are so many out there...these are just a few.
Happy couponing!!!

1 comment:

Jarmeg Family said...

thanks, i will definitely use your tips!