Friday, March 19, 2010

St. Patricks day and more deals!!



I tried to make St. Patrick's day fun for this kids. Jordan thinks that I really get into holidays and birthdays but I guess that's because that's what my Mom did. Cut my sandwiches into different shapes on holidays and on St. Patrick's day we always had a green meal. So this year I made green pancakes for breakfast. For dinner I tried to make everything as green as I could with out making it look gross. I made orange chicken ( which I decided to leave alone) green rice, broccoli, and shamrock shaped bread sticks. And dessert was green cheesecake bars. I know it's a little dorky, but hopefully it will be fun times that my kids will remember forever.

Now on to the deals...
At cvs I got 2 crest mouth washes, 2 men's deodorant, draino, Gillette hair gel and breast pads (exciting I know!!) The total after coupons was $8, I paid with a $8 extra buck and got back $9 in extra bucks.
At Target they had lots of good crayola stuff on clearance, I love that stuff for Jayla but it can be so expensive! And I got some free air wick air fresheners, hand soap and baby soap.
But the best deal I got was at Kmart...which I normally NEVER shop at except when they do double coupon days (which is coming up!) I wanted to buy Jayla the Princess and the Frog. We haven't seen it yet but I hear it's really good. When you bought the movie and the princess doll you got $10 off. So after all my coupons I paid $1.64 (tax included) for the dvd and doll. There are 3 rebates out there and I will probably submit for at least 1...so that means after I get my $5 rebate I'll actually make money.Pretty sweet deal!
I know in a few weeks I won't be able to run out to the store as easily as I can know, so I'll enjoy it while I can.

I'm 33 weeks and can't wait for this new baby to come! I'm excited to see what see looks like and how Jayla will be when her new sister comes. I'm also excited to be able to sleep on my stomach, walk up the stairs without getting winded, fit into pants without elastic and to stop going to the bathroom every 20 minutes!! Oh what women do for their children!

2 comments:

The Sheppards said...

If you still lived here I would hire you as my personal shopper!

Jarmeg Family said...

ok i need to know how you are getting these deals, do you sign up somewhere?? let me know! I never have gotten into st. patricks day, but way to go for making fun memories for your kids!