Friday, April 23, 2010

The waiting game...




Well I'm now almost 39 weeks and ready to go! My midwife has said that if I don't have the baby this weekend then we'll talk about inducing me next week. So the end in sight!! It's such a nerve-wrecking thing...you never know when the baby will come. You can't plan anything more than 6 hours ahead of time because what if?! Every little pain you think that maybe it's time! It just totally consumes your thoughts! So hopefully by next weekend we will be holding our sweet little baby girl in our arms!!

Jordan and I have now been married 5 YEARS!! It's hard to believe. Our lives have changed so much but at least one thing hasn't changed...we are still just as much in love as we were then! Jordan and I started dating on February 15th, 2003 and since that day we have either spent time with each other each day or talked on the phone when we lived in separate states. (Jordan was out of cell service one time when he was hiking but we won't count that day!!) You figured we would be sick of each other by now but some how we aren't!

One of Jordan's classmates offered to babysit for us so we could go out...who knows when we will be able to again! We went to a movie and to a Japanese Steak house. It was so nice getting to spend all day together! Jordan was very thoughtful with his gift to me. The traditional 5 year anniversary gift is wood so he got me a willow tree figure of a mom holding a baby with another child next to her. I went along with the traditional theme and got him a new ring to wear with a wooden inlay.

Hopefully next post will be about our baby girl!!

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

I can't wait until you have your baby! I can't wait to see what she looks like and to know her name since you guys aren't sharing that information!!

Congrats on 5 years!! :)

vicki said...

You look so great! You've definintly got the "glow"! Can't wait to hold baby when I come to help! Happy anniversary...I'm so happy you are part of our family.
Mom H

Tabitha said...

cute pics! u are carrying so high! did u do the same with jayla? it is such a perfect hump!

The Sheppards said...

Ahhh! SO excited for you guys!! I cannot imagine what you're going through right now, waiting for Mabel Lou to make her appearance:) Love you Lace! (And you look better this time around)