Friday, January 29, 2010

My latest deal!!

It's been a long time since I've posted a great deal that I got, probably because around Christmas all the deals I got were for presents! This isn't for my friends here in Florida, they are all fellow couponers and probably think that I'm a dork for even posting my deals. But since we don't have much money when I can save some and grab a great deal it makes me feel good, a guess it's how I get my rush! This post is for my family members that keep asking me how I get things for so cheap. Here is a great example of how to really make coupons work for you!


Above is a picture of what I got at publix yesterday. I know that it's nothing exciting (kotex and breat pads!!) but these are things that I'm going to be needing. Nothing that I purchased was on sale, all of the savings that I got what from coupons!!
I was able to save a lot of money by using a coupon for Knox gelatin. It was in this sunday's paper. The coupon was for $4 off any one Knox products. They make other products but the gelatin is only $1.39 at publix. So that means for every one that I bought I got $2.61 in overage that went towards my bill!! So since I knew about this great deal I bought some extra coupons online from a coupon clipping website. Sounds silly but you will see how much money it saved me! Ibought 8 coupons for $.15 each and shipping is the price of a stamp...so less than $2.

What I bought: (some prices are approximate)
8 Boxes of knox- $1.39 each
2 Boxes of Huggies-$19.99 each
1 bag of pull-ups-$16
2 playtex pads- $4.50
2 kotex- $3.50
1 princess wipes- $2
1 bottle lotion- $3
1 hand sanitizer- $1

My total was a little over $90

Coupons:
8 $4 knox coupons
1 $10 off when you buy 2 boxes of huggies publix coupon
2 $1.50 off huggies coupon
1 $3 pullup publix coupon
1 $2 pullup coupon
1 bogo(buy one get one free) playtex publix coupon
1 bogo kotex publix coupon
1 $2 off 2 kotex coupon
1 $1.50 off wipes
1 free lotion publix coupon
1 free hand sanitizer publix coupon

After coupons were subtracted total was alittle over $17 plus $5 in tax...so I payed $22 for over $90 worth of stuff, that's the same price as one box of diapers!! And then to sweeten the deal I am sending in the receipt for a $10 rebate!! So only $12 when after I get that back!!

Great deal! You can see how much coupons saved me! At Publix and many other stores you can use a manufacture coupon and a store coupon for each product.

1 comment:

Heather Coon said...

I was going to do the diaper deal, and probably still should but was bummed that they don't sell any diapers in size 1 in a box.